Little League Baseball World Series 2023
Get ready, baseball fans, because an event that will make your sports-loving heartbeat faster is just around the corner! The thrilling 2023 Little League Baseball World Series is about to unleash a storm of action and passion on the diamonds of Williamsport, Pennsylvania! Brace yourself for a whirlwind of memories that will last a lifetime!
Do you remember those days when your glove and bat were your best friends? Little League brings with it a wave of nostalgia as teams from all corners relive those magical moments! But hold on, the excitement doesn’t stop there! Some of these teams are on the verge of making history and turning their time in Little League into something truly legendary.
After a year that left us craving for more, the Little League Baseball World Series is back in its full glory. In 2020, we were left hanging due to the COVID-19 pandemic, and in 2021, only U.S. teams were in action! But today, we are more than ready to see 20 teams from different parts of the world showcase their skills and passion on the playing field.
The echo of the past year still resonates in our hearts, remembering how the Honolulu Little League team raised the trophy by defeating Curacao in an epic battle. Now, it’s time to write a new chapter in this story.
So, keep your cap handy, get ready to cheer for your favorite teams, and prepare to experience every pitch, every swing, and every play as if you were right there on the field. The 2023 Little League Baseball World Series is about to ignite the passion for baseball to its fullest! You definitely can’t miss it!
Have you ever wondered who are the lucky ones to be part of the exciting 2023 Little League Baseball World Series?
Here’s the scoop! This competition, which continues to excite us, will feature an exciting group of 20 teams, all striving for glory on the diamond.
Now, here’s the intriguing part: out of those 20 teams, half of them will come from the United States, proving that American baseball talent is more than ready to shine on this stage. But the fun and competition don’t stop at the borders. The other 10 teams will be international representatives, coming from different corners of the world to showcase their skill and passion for baseball.
- Southeast: Nolensville Little League (Nolensville, Tenn.)
- New England: Gray New Gloucester Little League (Gray, Maine)
- West: El Segundo Little League (El Segundo, Calif.)
- Northwest: Northeast Seattle Little League (Seattle, Wash.)
- Great Lakes: New Albany Little League (New Albany, Ohio)
- Midwest: Fargo Little League (Fargo, North Dakota)
- Mountain: Henderson Little League (Henderson, Nev.)
- Metro: Smithfield Little League (Smithfield, R.I.)
- Mid-Atlantic: Media Little League (Media, Pa.)
- Southwest: Needville Little League (Needville, Texas)
- Latin America: San Francisco Little League (Maracaibo, Venezuela)
- Caribbean: Pabao Little League (Willemstad, Curacao)
- Cuba: Bayamo Little League (Bayamo, Cuba)
- Australia: Hills Little League (Sydney)
- Canada: North Regina Little League (Regina, Saskatchewan)
- Europe-Africa: South Czech Republic Little League (Brno, Czech Republic)
- Asia-Pacific: Kuei-Shan Little League (Taoyuan, Chinese Taipei)
- Panama: Club Activo 2030 Little League (Veraguas, Panama)
- Japan: Musashi Fuchu Little League (Tokyo)
- Mexico: Municipal de Tijuana Little League (Tijuana, Mexico)
Where is the Little League Baseball World Series held?
Two stadiums are the hosts of the action in the Little League Baseball World Series. Howard J. Lamade Stadium will be the primary home of the LLWS, including the championship game. It can accommodate 10,000 people, although up to 40,000 people can enjoy the game in the green areas behind the outfield walls.
The next stadium is Volunteer Stadium, which will also host several games during the tournament. The venue can seat up to 5,000 people. While the seating capacities are different for both stadiums, they share the same dimensions, with mounds 46 feet away from the home plate, base paths 60 feet away, and outfield fences reaching 225 feet.
Who won the Little League Baseball World Series last year?
The Honolulu Little League team defeated the Pabao Little League from Willemstad, Curacao, in the final of the 2022 Little League Baseball World Series, claiming victory in the first international LLWS since 2019.
This win marked the fourth overall for the state of Hawaii, putting it in a tie for fourth place among states/countries with the most wins at four. It’s only behind California (seven) among U.S. states and still trails Chinese Taipei (17) and Japan (11) among international squads.
Our Little Latin Gladiator Teams of the LLWS 2023:
• Latin America: San Francisco Little League (Maracaibo, Venezuela)
• Caribbean: Pabao Little League (Willemstad, Curacao)
• Cuba: Bayamo Little League (Bayamo, Cuba)
• Panama: Club Activo 2030 Little League (Veraguas, Panama)
• Mexico: Municipal de Tijuana Little League (Tijuana, Mexico)